This exciting and dynamic workshop is for parents of teens ages 11 - 23. Be prepared for healing, fun, solutions, and transformation the Transition Haven way - Mind, Body, and Spirit!
Registration is taking place now. Contact us at (973) 378-2262 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
There are myriad resources available to new parents and their children; awesome resources that really support a parent and their children through the transition into parenthood. However, it appears to us that the support diminishes as a child gets older, even though adolescence can pose one of the most challenging periods for a family.
The adolescent years are exciting and scary for both parents and teens. On one hand it marks a time for an adolescent when he or she can begin to really exercise their independence and to, also, define their identity. It, conversely, marks a time when a parent can begin to loosen the reins begin to think about what the transition to young adulthood means for both your teen and for yourself.
That said, the "Parents of Teens Workshop" is designed to support parents through this incredibly profound time of transition. This 8 week program provide a safe and nurturing environment within which parents can explore their role and work toward improved communication, greater understanding, enhanced problem solving, and improve the overall quality of their relationship with their teen This program will, also, provide a fun, reflective, and action-oriented environment for learning, sharing, and getting into (or staying) in shape*.
Program format: Our goal is to support you. *Each of our programs are fully customizable to support cost efficiency. Call us at (973) 378-2262 for details.
- Weekly “themed” group coaching session (8 sessions)
- 1 group session for your teens
- Weekly group workout sessions
- Fitness and nutritional assessment and fitness plan
- Nutritional assessment and consultation (ongoing)
- 2 personal training sessions
- 2 individual coaching sessions
- Follow up group coaching session 30 days post workshop
Program Leaders: Lisane Basquiat (primary coach), Stanley Louis (primary fitness expert), Jessica (facilitator of teen session and teen contact)
Workshop Goals and Objectives:
- To support the health of the parent and teen relationship in a safe, nurturing, and fun way.
- To share tools that foster healthy communication.
- To provide a healthy environment within which you will have increased focus and awareness of physical fitness as a catalyst to overall health and positive energy.
- To bring a greater sense of awareness regarding your role in the dynamics of the relationship.
- To provide a way for parents and their teens to share in health and wellness.
- To better understand the “energy” in your relationship with your teen.
- To provide tools and techniques for getting off the "groundhog cycle"
- Improve the ability to resolve conflict and solve problems in this and all relationships.
- To learn how to influence and inspire your teen
- Develop strategies for nurturing your relationship through all stages of your lives.
Contact us at (973) 378-2262 or via email at email@example.com for more information and to schedule a complimentary assessment.